Getting to Know Molly

July 02, 2013

A drug overdose

victim died over the weekend and many others were sickened after taking a drug called Molly at a concert at the

Gorge Amphitheater.

The 21-year-old victim was brought to

Central Washington Hospital, along with six others. Three remain in serious condition. All of them sickened after

taking a potent mixture of the illegal drug known as Molly, the powder form of MDMA, or ecstasy. Don’t feel

alone if you’ve never met Molly. Columbia River Drug Task Force Sergeant Chris Foreman said he just recently

learned about it as well.

Those sickened by the drug had been at the Paradiso Festival, a sold-out two-day

electronic music festival at the Gorge Amphitheatre in George, Wash. Over 25,000 people attended the event.

style="text-indent:.5in" class="MsoNormal">In addition to the patients brought to the Wenatchee hospital,

Quincy Valley Medical Center in Quincy reported treating almost 50 people with drug and alcohol-related